Are you a people person? Are you looking for part-time employment? We are looking for someone who enjoys working with people, has good customer service skills and has basic computer knowledge.
Check out our Employment Opportunity page for more information.
Celebrate with the Kansas Humanities Council through the Poetry Potluck Program
- Pick up a Pin-up Postcard @ the Library
- Write your own poem [or the poetry of another poet with attribution] on the postcard – poems about food, family, special occasions, picnics, comfort food, best meal, etc, etc, etc!!!
- Give to Librarian to be shared with KHC & Library patrons on our Poetry Potluck display
- Follow KHC on Pinterest to see your poem – www.pinterest.com/kshumanities
- Join us for the Library’s Poetry Potluck Day on Thursday, April 30, 10 am—5 pm
The Foundation Board will meet Tuesday, April 21, 2015, 7:00 pm in the Library.
The Foundation was organized to further educational purposes through improvement and support of library services. Specific purposes and goals are:
1. To seek, receive, invest and distribute funds to support the programs of the Silver Lake Public Library.
2. To perform other activities to support the programs of the Silver Lake Public Library, including but not limited to contracts for service, mortgage agreements or lease-purchase contracts.
The Foundation is seeking additional board members. For more information about the Foundation and applying for board membership, visit the Foundation’s website.
Starting Monday, December 15, 2014, the Library will begin lending portable WiFi Hotspot devices to Silver Lake Library patrons.
- Patrons must be 18 years of age or older and have an active account
- Check out period is 7 days
- A short patron survey is required upon return of the device
WiFi Hotspot lending – MiFi – is part of a pilot project initiated by the State Library of Kansas, in partnership with New York Public Library and the Knight Foundation.
Where might you use portable WiFi? On a car trip? In a business meeting where there is no Internet access? At home if you have several devices and not much if any Internet service? All of the above and more.
Provided by Driving-tests.org & the Northeast Kansas Library System