Kansas State Parks has partnered with the Kansas Public Library System to provide free, daily vehicle permits available for checkout to Kansas library patrons. Our mission in offering this program is to provide a way for all Kansans across the state to visit Kansas State Parks without the financial barrier of an entry fee.
How It Works:
1. Stop by the Silver Lake Public Library and ask to checkout a Kansas State Parks vehicle Permit.
2. A librarian will fill out a permit with our library’s specific code and the date in which the patron would like to use it.
2. Each issued vehicle permit will be good for one day only, which will be written on the front of the permit. All permits expire the following day at 2 p.m.
3. Patrons using these daily vehicle permits are responsible for displaying the permit in their vehicle windshield when entering the Parks.
3. Park permits do not need to be returned to participating libraries, they can be simply discarded once the patron is done using the permit or when the permit expires.
Is there a limit to the number of permits I can take?
You are only allowed to pick up one vehicle park pass a day. You can come in the next day and pick up another one if you wanted to!
Is the permit only valid at a specific State Park?
No! The permit is good at ANY Kansas State Park.